Read Will Rogers column 88 years ago: August 18, 1935
There Will Be War is a landmark science fiction anthology series that combines top-notch military science fiction with factual essays by various generals and military experts on everything from High Frontier and the Strategic Defense Initiative to the aftermath of the Vietnam War. Many science fiction greats were featured in the original nine-volume series, which ran from 1982 to 1990. Thirty three years later, Castalia House has teamed with Dr. Jerry Pournelle to make this classic science fiction series available to the public again. There Will Be War is a treasure trove of science fiction and history that will educate and amaze new readers while reminding old ones how much the world has changed over the last three decades. Most of the stories, like war itself, remain entirely relevant today. There Will Be War Volume II is edited by Jerry Pournelle and features 16 stories, articles, and poems.
- The Weapon, Fredric Brown
- Time Lag, Poul Anderson
- The Technological War, Stefan T. Possony and Jerry Pournelle
- Manual of Operations, Jerry Pournelle
- ’Caster, Eric Vinicoff
- Proud Legions, T.R. Fehrenbach
- …And Baby Makes Three, Doan Van Toai
- In the Name of the Father, Edward P. Hughes
- Superiority, Arthur C. Clarke
- Final Muster, Rick Rubin
- Poems, Edward C. Garrett, Robert Frazier, and Steve Rasnic Tern
- On the Shadow of a Phosphor Screen, William Wu
- Cincinnatus, Joel Rosenberg
- Code-Name Feirefitz, David Drake
- Allamagoosa, Eric Frank Russell
- Peacekeeper, Jerry Pournelle
Another trip into Reserve for breakfast and pick up a few things at Jake’s. Also another stop at Catron Garage. This time I need to have a circuit breaker in my electrical converter fixed. When we had the storm with a lot of hail the circuit breaker for the line to to the refrigerator and one wall plug tripped off. I reset it an all was well. Then this last storm seemed to trip it again but when I tried to reset it it tripped off immediately and I saw sparks fly. I may be here most of today.
This posting will be an experiment. Will be using the WordPress feature where I can prepare the Post and then set a date and time for it to Publish.