THE PEREGRINATING GRABERD

24 November 2020
CattleRest RV & Saloon
Willcox, AZ

middlepic
I received an email reply from another RV shop in Tucson that said they can not do a countertop replacement. They did suggest another shop. The fact that they responded is a good sign, I may ask them to do other work although they also said that they only do mobile RV service. I sent an email to the suggested shop but do not expect a reply and if I get one I expect them to say that they can not help.

I guess I need to ‘get with the program’ and join the consumer culture. Junk my old obsolete RV, take on multi thousands in debt and buy a new RV. That is the true American Way ‐ fixing stuff is so ‘old school’.
leftpic Coward, scoundrel, lover and cheat, but there is no better man to go into the jungle with. Join Flashman in his adventures as he survives fearful ordeals and outlandish perils across the four corners of the world.

This was the ninth Flashman book published but is the fourth in the chronicle order of Flashman’s life. I’m reading them as Flashman lived them although Flashman is a fictional character placed in historical context he seems real. That is one of the reasons that I like historical fiction. The British Empire needs a man to satisfy insatiable lust and indulge in ungentlemanly acts – fortunately it has Harry Flashman. And with the mighty Sikh army poised to invade India, Flashman must go back into secret service and this time contend with the intrigues of the Court of Punjab.
70% of America’s economy is generated in fewer than 500 counties; the other 2,500 counties are left with the remaining 30%. The nation’s productive capital is even more concentrated in a few hands and regions, and since income and political power flow to capital, the financial disparity / inequality far exceed the 70/30 split depicted in this political map.…

America has no plan to reverse this destructive tide. Our leadership’s “plan” is benign neglect: just send a monthly stipend of bread and circuses to all the disempowered, decapitalized households, urban and rural, so they can stay out of trouble and not bother the elites’ continued pillaging of America and the planet.

There’s a lot of big talk about rebuilding infrastructure and the Green New Deal, but our first question must always be: cui bono, to whose benefit? How much of the spending will actually be devoted to changing the rising imbalances between the haves and the have-nots, the ever-richer who profit from rising debt and the ever more decapitalized debt-serfs who are further impoverished by rising debt?–The One Chart That Predicts our Future, Charles Hugh Smith
No quote, just a link to Fighting Words by David Horowitz a recommended read.

Designed by Ed Frey Contact: edlfrey@edwardfrey.com

middlepic